Thursday, July 31, 2008

handmade books for my friendst

i love my friends.  that's why i love to spend lots of time making things for them because i find that for me,there's nothing else i can do to put a smile on their faces.  I find that handmade stuff is more sincere and one of a kind which is a way to let them know that they are special to me.  

after the visit to the gallery, i was too early to meet
 them.  with alot of touching up to do, i stopped by art friend(because the orchard mrt's popular had already been evacuated) to get an eraser(i got three different kinds at under $1.50! what a bargain) to rid the dirt on the white book covers.  here, working at the circus paid off.  i used the tricks i learnt to repair the paper wrapped book covers and they looked good as new.  

once i got my loot, i raced to the ladies, where i comfortably sat in a cubicle, and started to make amendments.  the decadry i took pains to burnish on the books failed badly. i managed to make them work after a few attempts.  then, i had to spray a layer of lacquer in order to fix them, as well as to create a protection against wear and tear and dust.  

it was quite tough to be discreet.  i had to wait till someone flushes before i hit the nozzil of the lacquer spray.  and it was when i grew tired that i realised i could flush my own toilet bowl with a handy button behind me, which made things faster.  soon, the cubicle was pungent with intoxication. that caused some passersby to comment in hokkien, " hey what's that smell?  smells like car petrol! so smelly!" soon after, i heard a man's voice and i was quite nervous and making up thoughts of being captured by the swat team for attempting to make a bomb in the cubicle in takashimaya and suicide bomb myself... but it turned out to be nothing hehe!



here's me in the ladies with the books.



No comments: