Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blog for Singapore Biennale 2008!, other volunteer positions available.

just sent them an enquiry about being a volunteer blogger for Singapore Biennale 2008.  Not sure if i'm gonna take it up... unless its eassssyyyy... (but good for cv eh?)
Never done this kinda thing before.  usually when i blog, i just wanna record my progress in artwork, research, thoughts that might come into play in works or what.  Because when i record info this way, i don't lose it, coz its in the WWW!  rather than me writing on paper right(been there done that... they always get taken for trash and the next minute, its an idea down the drain)... Also, it means i don't have to print research and pictures unless necessary... and it documents my daily life as an artist-to-be.  When i wanna date my stuff its easier too.  And my parents won't be able to see what i write... or my crazy thought processes... that's why this is called Tomautogirl's Art Blog rite... can you see the word ART

i actually dislike blogging.  ALOT !! you know i even wrote one whole article about why i hate blogging... but oh wells summing it up, IT ALWAYS GETS ME INTO TROUBLE!!!! got confronted by chemistry teacher in JC about it too ... and he wanted to sue me for slander maaaaaaaaan!  and the circus incident..... And blogging WASTES SO MUCH OF MY TIME.  hate all this technology and html codes that i try hours and hours to TRY TO encode... but oh well... i've got no better choice.  

anyway i've also sent a mail to be on their mailing list, got a mail from mada to do so.  Think it's good to be updated about happenings in the art scene, as i consider myself relatively new to such stuff.  Never gone for an exhibition opening until wanita brought me to one i think this year or last year(SUA KOO RITE), and the only exhibitions i went for was when my dad used to take me in primary school(once) and then later on with someone else 5 yrs back(for i dunno wad sia...). 

This is serious.  i really need art exposure crash course.  I also need to read more.  Dwelling academically in the Singapore education really makes one a hermit.  I only know textbooks, especially my PETS coursebooks and Science textbooks  i used to read as storybooks in primary school.  It's sad to admit that my knowledge is stifled and locked back in primary school.  

No comments: