Sunday, June 8, 2008

zoological


this is what the booth looked like. i didn't have pics last week because my cam was in the locker at the circus.

today i set up everything myself.  but whilst i was caught up with pushing this wooden display screen to place, two of the zoo people came to help, but there was nothing much already to help with.  i had intended that to happen.  i can do it MYSELF.  


the set up.  filled with painted clocks
and hook racks and a 3 legged table ...

filled with woodcraft designs
(white) to choose from.


  

Business was soaring today and as a result, i wasn't coping for a while. the glue gun was spoilt, one kid's clock was a disaster, another's mechanism wasn't working, three kids didn't finish painting and i needed to continue it for them, another two didn't want to finish it because they wanted to ride the elephants and wanted me to finish them but they came back too early to collect them so i had to give them unfinished works, another french kid couldn't speak english and couldn't understand me and painted the whole thing over and over again after he switched every colour........
the families that gathered were 
painting happily and i believe
they all enjoyed themselves.



I brought this teddy hook rack from yesterday to paint for my little cousin's belated birthday.  It's amazing how fast everyone's grown up already to my unawares.  



In total, the collection for today was fantastic.  I managed to get a total of $270 from 14 hook racks and 2 clocks. Not bad yeah?

From last week, i managed to capture a shot of this little monkey, the size of a parrot.

And i've been amazed at this little otter, back-flipping away in the water since my last visit.  I wonder why man...




No comments: