Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tomautofolia- an introduction.

I've been trying to think of a name for this blog meant for me to keep track of the things i have done throughout the whole course of my artistic pursuit.  This blog would thus be sort of a portfolio of images of my works.  

Tomautofolia is created with the combination of two words - tomato and folia.  

The tomato is symbolic to my abject nature, reflecting personality whereas folia, from some of my research, refers to a journal, or a collection of ... my works of course.  With the knowledge of music as well, La Folia's one of the tunes that has fascinated many composers since the seventeenth century. Portuguese in origin, the word means 'mad' or 'empty-headed' and until the 1670s it indicated a fast and noisy dance in which the participants seemed to be 'out of their minds'.(Hyperion Records ,http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/details/67035.asp). I believe that my art, like La Folia, needs to be facinating too, in order to capture the attention of the masses.  

n. pl. fo·li·a (-l-)
1. Geology A thin, leaflike layer or stratum occurring especially in metamorphic rock.
2. Mathematics A plane cubic curve having a single loop, a node, and two ends asymptotic to the same line.
(thefreedictionary.com/folium)


No comments: