Friday, December 14, 2007

The Tomatogirl Chine Colle 1549.31

I brought my lappy to school for the first time and we took pleasure in playing with photo booth.  
wanyi sulks
then we opened our mouths 
as wide as we could and smiled!


I am finally done with my Tomato Girl drypoint carving. I had some test prints done with further editing(pushing and pulling with the tonal gradients of the highlights in Tomatogirl's hair) and attempted a chine colle with drypoint. Wanyi was excited and so was I.   

I didn't bring my coloured papers, so i got some hell money from Wanyi and i think it looked pretty good!  I just wished i had red ones instead of the orange one used for the tomato...
edition 1, TP 1/1 
drypoint and chine colle 
Tomatogirl (side profile) 

After the first test print with chine colle, i attempted one more, now with hell money's gold for the tomato and the beige paper for the skin.  Parts of the gold got stuck to the plate, but the effect's great!
edition 2, TP 1/1 
Tomatogirl (side profile)
Drypoint and chine colle

We did our prints till late and UTTERUBBISH had to be postponed A G  A   I    N      . 

We packed up by about 8 and started walking to the supreme court from school.  we reached at 8.36pm and we were advised by the volunteers on duty to visit them the next day because they have closed a few exhibits already.  Oh wells... it seems like we never ever make it to UTTERUBBISH.  Today, we finally made it there in person, but didn't manage to enter.

No comments: