Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Tomauto Period 2233-0030.24

Almost everyone who knows Van Gough would know about his life in periods-namely, paris, aries , saint remy, auvers-sur-oise. as well as Pablo Picasso's blue period, rose period and cubism periods...

 I realised i have my own periods too.  In the recent past, it was the Living Dead Period, where all works were quite sinister and abject.  Currently i've moved on to the Tomauto Period, a period whereby i try to define myself and incorporate the Tomato in what i callmy abject art.  

 i painted the Tomautostegosaurus today.  I got time all by myself in the learning centre where i teach at coz now they've given me the responsibility of locking up the place after lessons. I stayed from after work at 2pm till about 5pm.  Did touchin up of paintings, writing comments in the book about the kids and marked attendance as well as packed the place. 

I think that i should incorporate the concept of tomato eating creatures into my works, doing drypoints of 'em and maybe turn 'em into small soft toys too(that's when i have the time).   

One of the marketing execs of TRASNAH has been reminding me to take pics of the kids and when finally i remembered, my slr had run outta batt because i failed to turn it off since the last time i used it... which was ... last week?!

Here's some pics i took using my handphone. 

left: grace, zining, aravin
right: zann, cypress, raine
top, from left: grace, Zining, Aravin
bottom, from left: Zann, Cypress
featuring: aravin, blocked: grace
from left: Raine, Cypress, Zann


What do we do with dried up paint?   No idea, was taking them off the lid and mouth of the paint tubs.  They look damn interesting.  Folded them in between the table cloth coz i didnt know where to store them and i didnt want to throw them away. 



Attempted to take a pic of this cat cat with my slr last week and i failed badly.  this cat cat i christianed, theVOMITEcat, was afraid of the bulky cam and kept running away.  i've always had a prob shooting pics of cats.  They either keep coming towards me, rubbing their fur fur all over, or RUN AWAY!!!! 



after bidding theVOMITEcat goodbye, i took a walk to Kovan from serangoon north ave 3? yar its ave 3.  Passed the route where we did our 5 km jog during jc days' pe lessons.  Passed the route i usually take to Mangkee's house.  It was a good walk alone.  I actually enjoyed the time spent alone.  Lonely felt great.

No comments: