Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Schtick: Tour around the place where i sit at.

blappy is here to accompany me today at work! yayness.
behind me is this photo gallery 
of Matisse's photos, his life and all
guy beside me looking at the wall
with a write-up about his works

the view in front of me. 
 i guard this place.

whoohoohoo the corridor with
the odelisque prints and over
seeing them is the master himself

  but troublesome la today... had to go online to retrieve the file i was working on pathetically on powerpoint coz the dell lappy didnt have any design softwares... but i didnt have the password to log in, then the admin lady didnt wanna give me the password or help me log in, must call up some guy to ask for permission, then she was like 'why do you need the internet... why do you need to use the laptop...' then the other told her i was graphic designing too and she was like 'oh' and reluctantly came out...
then, i needed to turn the other lappy on because i couldnt access hotmail on blappy and it needed a login password, so i had to go over to the office again to ask her for help and finally after like 20min, she came by to arrange the stuff at the counter 
and totally forgot about helping me, so i was like sketching whilst waiting...........................................................and she said this 'so how's it going... have they given you enough work to keep you busy yet...' and i had to remind her again to help me login... IF NOT I CANNOT DO WORK MAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAIYAH. 

I hate it when people stereotype or look down on interns or a new employee.  I mean, hey, be friendly la, don't be rude la... or proud... or what la... see la make me pisssed use so much of singlish in this blog... waliew oiye....

Then when visitor came and wanted a copy of the Matisse invite, i was attending to her and she just came by and "CAN I HELP YOU. YES CAN I HELP YOU." and told her that they had no more... then the other staff  came an hour later bringing a whole stack to keep in the cupboard behind me..............  Then another guy came by and wanted to enquire about workshops on printmaking so i went to ask if he could talk to anyone and she just said , " JUST GIVE HIM JEANNIP's NAME CARD, DONT NEED TO TELL HIM TOO MUCH.  JUST GIVE IT TO HIM."  then the other staff was so nice got up and talk to him personally unlike that weoihapwerawueroia. LIKE STUPIT RITE WAD kiND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE MAN... 



i managed to only transfer these over to photoshop
whilst waiting for jeannip to come by to take a look
at it.  before that i was working on powerpoint, 
which sux so badly.  the dell lappy didnt have 
any design software at all, so i brought along
blappy for this purpose.  Initially i was told to 
just come up with the layout of the brochure. 
Now that she's here, she told me to do away with
the crumpled paper effect( i did that for fun
because i was pissed with workin on powerpoint )

And when i transferred the file over to blappy,
all the colours were off..... following pics are 
the drafts i did and sent to her for viewing. the 
colours are so not real.  the red ought to be redder.
my drafts.  i sent it to her before i knocked off
and she didnt read it till this morning.


After their work today, everyone came to visit me up in the glass tank. After work at my place, its like a gossip session meeting place and i like it alot.  i mean i've been alone for so long and it's really nice to have people you are closer to come by and talk.  By then i had already called it a day with the design stuff and decided to take a break(they in workshop start from 8am-5pm while me in glass tank start from 9am-6pm). 

Sminthaye asked us to join Baybeats this year to help out with the silk screen booth and WOOHOO I AM IN!!! i realised that i need to take part in more events and competitions in order to survive in this art industry.  What's more is that we get to KOPE the list of items to be bought just for the event hehehehehehehehehe means free squeegees free inks free MESHHESEHAIRJWERJPOJ  lalila i am in... sure thing man.

During the walk towards the mrt station both sonny and wanita were MAKING ME JEALOUS by telling me what hard labour they did today whilst i froze in the glass tank... It was great seeing them all hyped up about work.  sigh for me. I WANNA BE THERE I WANNA BE THERE I WANNA BE THERE!

No comments: