Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Schtick: Skiving starts today

The kids have just left and i'm off 'skiving' at the circus soon.

This morning kindergarten schoolkids came to pay the circus a visit.  I was assigned to print out copies of some write-up on Matisse's background, get ready drawing materials on a4 drawing boards equipped with pencils and get ready the guest workshop for the kids to make paper and then attend to the kids and help with transporting the paper they've made over to another table for drying!  I hate to do these tasks coz i am not here to do these.  These are effortless for girly girls and i am not one.  GIMME MORE HARD WORK PLEEEEASE!!!

Here are some pics i took of the paper making session with the kids and Lawa-man and jeannip today using my good and so ever useful blappy!
first, explaination about what paper
 is made of by jeannip.  Here's them
 crowding around paper pulp in a 
bowl and feeling it.

then she'd tell and show them 
how a cotton plant looks like

some kids at the table with 
the paper they've made.

Wanita paid a visit! it was
breaktime for her...

I managed to catch mr Lawa-man
teaching the kids how to make 
paper using the mould and deckle.

many kids stop here and wave
their hands around after this 
step- removing the deckle from
the mould.  Too muck eeky pulp
on their arms and they just can't
wait to get them washed.

Lawa-man told me he was camera-shy.

Mr Ori came by whilst i was trying to snap 
Lawa-man's pic and i pointed blappy's 
eye at him and snapped too(cute hor)

I'm really happy to be away from guarding the glass tank with Matisse's prints worth $6.2 million... I mean i sit there, and just sit there and WASTE my time away whilst others are having fun doing hard labour.  i wanna do hard labour and i wanna do it now! and so i'm off skiving, straying away from my desk, away from guarding the prints... I don't even care if someone walks away with one of his prints from the Odelisque series or dancers series or miscellaneous portraits series... I WANNA OBSERVE AND LEARN PRINTMAKING!!!!  and NOW!

i am finally plucking up the courage to leave the desk and go wandering about the workshop to seek hard labour if there's any. the past few days i didn't dare to coz i tot my responsibility was just to graphic design and guard the place. but what the heck.  i'm not here to do all these.  i wanna learn man.

No comments: