Thursday, September 11, 2008

Distractions

As i write, people are walking in and out from my cozy little corner.  

i do welcome the new people i've met the past month, but being friendly does have it consequences.  i know people know that i've got work to do, we all have work to do.  and a little stopping by to say hi is quite reasonable for a short walk around studioland.  however, if there are many many many people stopping by to say hi every other lapse of five minutes, it gets FREAKIN' IRRITATING!!! it distracts me from my work, apart from being a receptionist.  People stop by, ask me for directions, ask me for comments, talk about their concept, sit down and play tunes, wriggle on the spot, comment about my objects left on my table, check out what i am doing, and some idiot sitting opposite me will give me that smirk on his face whenever....and it makes me ... ARGH...........................

It got very unbearable the past two days and i can't really get work down.  i wanna turn these people down but i find it quite hard to do so.  some apparently don't know that i'm on earphones, which i blast at max on purpose, and step in to tap on my back and more often than not, gives me a shock.  

 i hate my cozy little corner.  its far too welcoming.  even the prof says its more like and exhibition space with me as a gallery sitter cum receptionist.  i hate it i hate it i hate it.  i wanna get work done.  i need to concentrate.  so people please give me some peace! 

No comments: