Friday, August 15, 2008

Cat Cat Woodblock

When i came to school i was still drowning in yesterday's misery.  I did a print of my work in progress- the three eyed kitty from Ofia- which turned out quite bad and decided that the otarhboard(dunno how to spell it) was not my thing.  i'd prefer lino and i haven't really done woodblock prints larger than 3 by 2 cm so i gave it a go with the jelutong block i got initially for last sem's pyrography of tomatoes.  

As i displayed the pictures of the cat cat i took last night before going to hell, i realised that i had a better shot of another cat i took right outside school and decided to do my first carving based on her.  I initially wanted to try to mimick the eyes of th
e owl in this pic, however and as usual, i tried to take on realism (do u call this realism?  not sure) and here's my process and finally, the print.  





inking and inked




One of the prints i liked best. 
i had it printed on a fancy kind
of tracing paper that had the 
subtle grey tones that remind 
me of streaks on a cat.






I planned to do a few more wood carvings each for one of my pets but my wood stock needed to be replenished so i headed down to Daiso.  I picked out a few variations of wood to test the carvings on and spent in total about $20 there.  Well, a bit of retail therapy sure helps improve my mood, especially if its buying the necessary items.  I got some rice paper and some other kind of paper used for presentation purposes while serving fried tempura for material tests. 

Got back to the studio and started to saw the wood into half. Please don't judge me by what i wear.  i can be tough, even though i am in a dress. ( Recently i've been wearing dresses because my pants cant fit already.  without excercise, my thigh muscles have failed to be firm and as a result, turned into fats, and thus, expanded in the process.  ) Anyway, Ernie came and asked for 10 mins of help as i was doing the sawing.  Since it was just 10 mins i agreed.  What his friend was doing for his photography project was quite cool. check this out.  












sing the whoot took longer than ten mins, i wanted to get on with work.  But people were planning to go to 8q's opening.  Since some were gonna continue working after the event, i tagged along without regrets!


8Q sam rocked!  SO MANY GOODIES AND GOOD FOOD AND MOST IMPORTANTLY GREAT WORKS EXHIBITED!!!!!!!!!!!  Donna Ong, Ahmad, KAi Syng, anjksnvaknuabg aibuuuuugi u all artists who participated had awesome works la !!! SO INSPIRING!!! and we met familiar faces!  Mr big and the circus clan were there and  i got new old news that i was actually sacked from the circus.  hehehehe which means finally zero chance of going back there.  Oh wells, i enjoyed my experience there and i learnt a great deal from there not only in skill, but about how things were run and about myself.  

gonna start on my second piece of carving now.  feeling a little restless though. 









1 comment:

adwords campaign management said...

I think the following link can help you out in finding out more information about Yahoo Search Engine Marketing, with the proper guidelines highlighted. adwords campaign management