Saturday, October 18, 2008

struggling to survive

i realised after critic today that what mada said was right. i need to try to distance myself from my works so that my personal emotions will not affect my being.

today during my first critic session, i broke down again. i failed to go past the 5th or 6th sentence of my print out "script". i tried to pull myself together but i struggled with the continuation as my speech collapsed again when all the ill memories came rushig into my mind. the words that trigger the tears brought me back to the past when tbe event took place and i relived it on the spot.

my focus was off and amidst the abrupt pauses, i tried very hard to continue with the presentation, which got really chaotic.

anyways, i thought negatively of my critic at first because i felt i didnt get the feedback i needed. the students didnt comment much. i was told that my works are too literal and it would be good to try using metaphors instead. i got good response on tomatogirl being ambiguous and leading the viewer to the character. to be continued .. .

No comments: